The Friends of the Pemi historical committee’s mission is to enhance an appreciation for the legacy of Livermore Falls through interpretation of long term uses of the watershed, including geology, signage and the bridge. Create partnerships with community groups for preservation, education and funding.
Committee Action Points
- Develop a complete archive of the historical significance of the Pemi with a concentration on Livermore Falls. Due by July 1, 2014.
- Create a website with the three major themes of Recreation, Historical and Environmental and populate with items of interest, especially history. Complete first site by June 15, 2014.
- Create historical and environmental content accessible by smart phones to cover the river, the geology, the fish hatchery, the mills and bridge. Finalize by September 1, 2014.
- Develop a plan to make the bridge a focal point of the park on both sides of the river while discouraging unsafe uses of the bridge. Complete by January 1, 2015.
- Plan a calendar of events to include historical tours and talking walks by volunteers trained with the same history of the environment and recreation on the Pemi and the Falls. Publish by May 15, 2014.
- Develop interpretive materials for the kiosk related to history. Due by July 1, 2014.
- Partner with schools, train operator, PSU, Friends and volunteers to organize tours with focus on education and history. Prepare by new school year on September 1, 2014.
- Develop marketing materials to attract people to the Park for educational and historical education. Due by September 1, 2014.