The mission of the recreation committee is to maintain safety and recreational values with improved access, management and trails. Transform the image and culture of the area with thoughtful, functional design.
Committee Action Points
- Work with Bill Carpenter , DRED and DOT to accelerate plans and develop costs related to land acquisition and parking lot construction. Develop plans by September 30, 2014
- Increase supervision and monitoring on the East side of the Pemi, coordinating with Kevin Donovan with Parks, Jake Patridge with Holderness law enforcement, volunteers with Friends of the Pemi, and Patrick Hummel with DRED to inform users, survey for types of uses, usage counts and other important communications as needed. Finalize Summer plan by May 15, 2014.
- Create an events calendar from May to September to schedule clean up days, safety presentations, historical presentations and environmental education. Suggest once monthly events – Second Saturdays at Livermore Falls. Finalize plan by May 15, 2014
- Place approximately six picnic tables at the beach area. Acquire or purchase by April 30, 2014.
- Develop a report working with Holderness law enforcement and Fire Department to develop recommendations for improved safety and emergency response at the site. Plan due by June 1, 2014.
- Construct a kiosk to hold interpretive guidance about all aspects of the site, including a holder for trash bags and donation collection device. Design and purchase by May 10, 2014.
- Coordinate with Ben Wilson on his scheduled work week on the west side of the river to provide volunteer and other support to enhance his and his intern’s efforts. Organize by May 15, 2014.
- Finish the Friends logo and buy T shirts, caps, etc. for use in volunteer efforts, communication and fund raising. Acquire or purchase by May 5, 2014.
- Create banners including the new logo to be hung at various places in Campton, Holderness and Plymouth to increase awareness of Livermore Falls as a place to enjoy by everyone. Design and purchase by May 10, 2014.